Israel project ideas: (Some ideas to think about)
Choose an idea that fits your favorite way of learning!
- Have students research major inventions, technology, discoveries & other contributions from Israel. Try www.israel21c.com.
- Compare & contrast the different geological regions in Israel.
- Find distant (or not so distant) relatives in Israel and send them a list of questions about their lives.
- Find out about the environmental issues Israel is facing – especially regarding the Dead Sea.
- Learn about the differences in the cultural lives of three different Israeli religions: Judaism, Islam and Christianity.
- Have students create an annotated list of websites connected to Israel.
- Use a sandbox and create an “archeological dig” – with “artifacts” from different times and places in Israel.
- Learn a traditional Israeli folk dance or song – and perform it for parents or another class.
- Read a book or an article about Israel from this reading listhttp://www.israelexperts.com/reading_list Create OR present a report on your selection.
- Research a story about a Holocaust survivor from Israel. Discuss the international holocaust memorial date in Israel, the Yad Vashim, and planting trees for the Righteous.
More information will be available closer to the project date.