Book Trailer Book Report
This unit as you know you will be creating a book trailer with a partner. At the bottom of this page you will find the rubric. Read it and see what aspects you will be graded on. There are a series of steps you must follow to ensure success in your trailer.
1. Choose a book
2. Read the book. It must be read and turned in by ___May 20th 201_____to the Library. DON‘T FORGET!!! The project must be completed by FRIDAY MAY 23 2013
3. Click on the link, print and Fill in the worksheet “Story Map“ individually.
4. With your partner compare, discuss and add any missing information to your story map.
5. Together plan your movie using the “Story Board“ worksheet.
6. Make your movie. You can use a series of different programs like iMovie, Movie Maker, or any story telling app. Remember you are not giving away the ending. It must persuade the viewer to want to read your book and leave them hooked and wanting to know more.
Things to include:
-The first or last image must portray the book and you must also mention the author.
-Music. The music must set the mood for the story.
*Use still images, videos or combine them both.
*Use voice over or have your wording appear between images.
*The music must be a reflection of the main character‘s feelings or the plot.
*You can speak in first person:
“ I was a normal 12 year old girl living in Austin, Texas when all of a sudden …..“
or you can explain it:
Laura was a normal 12 year old girl living in Austin, Texas. Her sisters were mean …
Please read to ensure your best effort!